Data Privacy Statement
European General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR)
Data Protection Officer
If you have any questions relating to the topic of data protection, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Data privacy”. Our Data Protection Officer or his substitute will then see to answering your request as soon as possible.
Visit to our website
You can use our website without entering any personal data. During the visit to our website, various data (server logfiles) is stored by default. These include, for example, the IP address, browser type, your operating system, data and time, and additional similar general data. This data is non-personal and used in order to display the websites correctly to you. The data will be analyzed statistically to improve our service for you. The data will be deleted only on request.
Gathering, storing and use of personal data, kind and purpose
When you hire or contact us, we gather all or some of the following information:
- Title, first name, last name
- Valid e-mail address
- Phone number (landline and/or cell phone)
- Information that is needed for asserting and defending your rights within the scope of the engagement
This data is gathered in order to
- be able to identify you as our client,
- be able to provide you legal advice and represent you as your counsels
- communicate with you
- issue invoices
- assert and process any claims
The data is processed on your request and it is required for the named purposes pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sent. 1 lit. b) GDPR for the appropriate processing of the client relationship and the reciprocal fulfillment of obligations agreed in the letter of engagement.
The personal data gathered for the purpose of entering a client relationship and communicating will be deleted only on request.
Transfer to third parties
Your personal data will not be transferred to thrid parties for purposes other than the ones listed below. We will pass on your personal data to third parties only if:
- You have granted your explicit consent for this pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sent. 1 lit. a) GDPR,
- the transfer is required pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sent. 1 lit. f) GDPR to assert, exercise or defend against legal claims and if there is no reason to believe that you have an overriding interest qualifying for protection in the non-transfer of your data,
- in the case that there is a legal obligation for the transfer pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sent. 1 lit. c) GDPR,
- if the data transfer is legally permissible as well as required pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sent. 1 lit. b) GDPR in order to process contractual relationships.
Rights of data subjects
You can request information at any time about the data stored by us. The data can be corrected, blocked or, if the prescribed periods of data storage for the performance of business have expired, it can be deleted or further access can also be protected. Our data protection officer will assist you with all related questions.
Changes to the data privacy regulations
We may adjust our Data Privacy Statement at irregular intervals to make it consistent with the current legal requirements or so as to implement changes in our services, for example, if new services are added. In that case, the new Data Privacy Statement will then apply automatically to your next visit.
Industrial property rights
As mandated by the lawmaker, hardcopy files are retained for all industrial property rights and destroyed or disposed of or access is restricted to them after expiration of the corresponding archiving period.
We additionally use suitable technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or access by unauthorized persons. Our security measures are being continuously improved according to technological progress.